- Identify and close sales opportunities in accordance with the company’s overall strategic plans and financial objectives in the region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with solar distribution channels and strategic accounts.
- Actively pursue direct sales leads with installers, distributors and utility companies.
- Assist with revenue forecasts and review sales results to ensure targets are being met; take corrective action where required.
- Nurture the relationship with leading PV project developers at all levels to ensure that The Company remains the supplier of choice for their installations.
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the Australian market by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and closely monitoring industry trends.
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies specific to the Western Australian market.
- Successfully execute a brand and messaging strategy and act as an external evangelist for the brand.
- Liaise with the Australian and international team to ensure that sales targets are being defined and met.
- A Degree/Diploma in a related technical discipline such as Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in technical sales and must have previous experience in the PV industry.
- Solid and track record of overachievement, candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share.
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating/converting and closing large dollar deals.
- A distinct customer service focus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and convert new accounts while maintaining existing relationships.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the Company product line and convey the product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms.
- Existing network in the PV industry is a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment.
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred.
- A hungry go-getter with a strong can-do and hands-on attitude.
- Technical savvy.
- An energetic, self-motivated person who is willing to roll up his or her sleeves and do whatever is necessary to guarantee the success of the company.
- Team Player.